Binder and Binder Social Security Attorney

Jul 08, 2008
review #126765

I am disabled, and with the help of Binder and Binder Social Security attorneys, I was awarded Social Security benefits for a closed period of 17 months.The attorneys were paid their 30% but I didn't receive all of what I was awarded.

This was roughly 3 years ago & despite my numerous phone calls, they have done NOTHING to help me get the rest of my payment (aprox. $6,000.00)

Their policy is that the client isn't charged unless their case is won. They got their money!

It's not fair!No One there to help me!

670745d
3.9
Had an experience with Binder and Binder?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Unsatisfied

Mar 04

Binder and Binder helped me get my disability and also got their % but I did not get what I was owed therefore Binder and Binder walked away with more money than I did and will not help me get my retro money. I have been told by many people that who ever you hire is supposed to see it through to the end and also handle any reviews with charging extra, basically they are you advocates till the end. They claim that once they are paid they are done with you. Many have told me to go to the Pa board of Atty's to get help and there are many complaints against them for this reason. I to am in the same position!

astrolab

May 29, 2013

The only time you need a lawyer with SSA is
1. You have a hearing within 30 days
OR
2. You're mentally retarded or certifiably insane
OR
3. You're unable to speak English or Spanish or you're unable to read and write.

If you get a lawyer for any other reason, you're just wasting your money or taxpayer money and you're wasting your caseworker's time. Most lawyers do NOTHING USEFUL until the hearing anyway. When they try to do something they just get in the way and slow things down. They send duplicate documents. They usually insist that the caseworker not call you directly, even when that would be much quicker. They also fill out your forms in a ridiculous way that makes it sound like you're totally exaggerating your case.

If you have filed a claim and you really are disabled, simply PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL SSA. Ask to speak to the examiner who has your case. Tell them you want to help and ask them what documents they've received and what they're missing. Go to your DOCTOR and ask them to WRITE A STATEMENT saying whether you can work or not and what's wrong with you.

If you get denied for benefits, go to the Social Security office and appeal the decision. The people there at the office will help you fill it all out right. Ask them to give you a copy of your file on CD. They'll give it to you free and you can see exactly what happened.

1 0 Reply
Michael K

Sep 20, 2012

I'm scared to death. My hearing is in 4 days. I just found out on here that they (B&B) aren't even lawyers. They have lost records for me. I have had 4 different morons doing the call answering for my important questions. When I asked if an attorney would be with me at the hearing I was told "a representative would be there" what the *** is a representative. I don't know why they get paid a dime. I have gotten all my medical records, I have done all the calling and yet they are "Owed" money....BS. I'm scared cause on monday I feel like I will be the lawyer. Shame on this group for making Americans believe they are lawyers.

unsatisfied

Mar 04

The same exact thing happened to me! I did all the foot work and even delivered checks to Dr's cause they lost them or the Dr's never got them and they had the nerve to ask me for more money for records that they supposedly sent checks to and said they would put a check in the mail to cover the extra money I put out. I just laughed and asked them where was I suppose to get it if I wasn't working!! I even asked if they switched you around to different people to drag out your case so they made more money off your retro! Of course not I was told. Binder & Binder should not receive a dime till all your retro money is in order and ready to send out to you and not a minute before!
I'm sure there are a lot more people in our shoes and they should be sued over the mental and emotional problems they cause!

john drinning

Sep 16, 2012

I have not had any satisfactory results with Binder and Binder. My case has been before the Social Security Administration now for almost 14 months. I was told one thing by one person and then something different from my "case worker". When I call to find out the status and start asking questions she acts like I am bothering her and wasting her time. I am not a stranger to the legal system but the SSA can be rather daunting so I trusted a firm that I was under the understanding was a law firm. Come to find out they are not Board Certified Attorneys. I have not been able to work now for almost 2 years. I have depleted my savings and have had to resort to community services in Houston to pay my rent and assist with my electric. I can not get SNAP assistance and rely on food pantries to eat. I have called and plead my situation with the Binder and Binder, no I have begged them to tell me where my case is in the system and when is it going to be heard by an ALJ because i am starving. I was told that "we" don't want to argue and upset the ALJ because he may render an unfavorable decision.

What ever happened to the "you have hard all your life and now cant
't work so you deserve what you have paid into the system" *** that they advertise. I will tell you exactly what has happened, I placed my faith in a shyster firm to represent me.

I have had to get the letters from my doctors myself and believe me the doctors detest that firm and it has
... Show more

Robert A Pugliese II

Sep 12, 2012

you say you go after the ssid for us. I'm geting no help from you at all

Robert A Pugliese II

Sep 06, 2012

I need help my other Attorney droped me Ineed a new Attorney I'm going for my Social Security Insurens Disability. I'm noelogily impaired I have alot of info on me that I can give you you can call me or email me ether way my number is (423)949-9554 and my email is lonewolf1824@yahoo.com my name is Robert A Pugliese II I had a little help with this letter that I'm writing to you.

mattie

Aug 22, 2012

Maybe because i'm in new york, i havent had any of the issues you guys are complaining about. So far its been going well for me. binder and binder has answered every call, they got all my medicals themselves. All i did was just wait. Right now my case has gone all the way to the federal level and has been remanded back to the appeals council. Im just praying that it gets approved by the ALJ, because my pain is debilitating and its caused me to become a very angry person. All in all binder and binder appears to be doing what they are suppose to do in my case. I'm truly sorry for all of you who is having issues with them. I pray that everything works out for you all.

jill

Jul 30, 2012

WOW,!! After reading everybodies comments about B&B,
it sure has changed my mind on using them for my SSD Appeals.
I did email them though and have nog hottrn a response yet.
Thanks again

hollywoodHooP at yahoo

Jun 04, 2012

Was told today by BindMe & BlindMe that they are NOT a lawfirm but an ADVOCACY firm. The medical establIShment hates them. Class Action lawsuit is in order. At MYy ALJ hearing the B&B 'whatever' ask three or four questions and not one of them was "would he miss work three or mOOr days a month with this condition?" They want tOO gOO tOO the AC sOO they get mOOr moNEy.

Debbie

May 16, 2012

My hearing is coming up soon and I have decided that if my case is denied ( again, or I wouldn't be having a hearing ) for SSDI...
I will then fire Binder & Binder from representing me any further. I wish I would have NEVER hired them.
I hope for the best outcome at the hearing - but at this point, I am ready to take action if unfavorable.
Anyone know the correct protocol in addition to a letter notifying them of my decision? Should copies be sent elsewhere and if so, who or where?
Thank you for any assistance in this.

Sandra

Apr 02, 2012

Thanks Kim for the information.

Kim

Jan 23, 2012

I too was glad I checked with this site before calling B & B... I called Allsup. I was approved in 5 mos first time around. They charge the same as B & B but you can call them anytime. You don't have to get your med. recs. they do it. You sit at home and rest. The most work I did was call and let them know I had a drs appt. It really disgusts me to see all these ppl get strung along for years I believe on purpose to make B & B pay higher. The longer you wait the higher their 25% is. I know is says $ 6,000, but keep reading folks. I've read court docs on line $ 10,000 or $ 6,000 per person so if you have kids.... Also, if you fire them cuz they don't get the job done and hire someone who will, allsup or a local attny... they will fight for their 25% anyways. I just read a case about a Joanne in 1998 and Binder fought 10 yrs for $ 1200. They made $ 88,000,000 off of us last yr ppl. google binder on wsj.com fraud will come up.. and ppl that were awarded might now have to pay the money back?? blew my mind. Good luck to you.

applewater

Dec 08, 2011

can anyone suggest a professional attorney in los angeles ca who can help in filing for my social security. i see too many tv commercials of these sharks, is how i came to this site i had called binder&binder and they left me onhold too long i hung up and thought let me check their reviews, i am shocked, Thank you all for your posts to protect others.

christina krekora

Dec 06, 2011

I need to see if you can help me or you know someone that can help me with my case of SSI Iv had some disibiltys all my life and i cant keep a job please contact me at 719-582-3477
thanks
christina krekora

Paul

Nov 30, 2011

I called Binder & Binder and they told me that unless I had a written doctor's statement stating that I was permanently disabled they would not help me.

DAVE N BORDEN

Nov 28, 2011

I'M AM BRINGING TO COURT. AFTER WHICH I'M LOOKING INTO A CLASS ACTION SUIT.. THEY NOT ONLY COST ME A COUPLE MILLION DOLLARS,, BUT MY WIFE AND MY LIFE AND ANY HOPES OF A FUTURE AS WELL. EMAIL ME OR FIND ME ON FBOOK.. I EMPATHIZE WITH YOU GREATLY.

Eli

Nov 17, 2011

Binder and Binder has less than a sterling reputation among those in the field.

mjsk

Aug 26, 2011

The sad part is that so many cases are now being denied. I am a nurse that was injurie and had to apply for SSDI. I know for a fact that my medical records were not reviewed. If they had I know that I would have never been denied in my appeal. Now I feel I have no recourse but to seek the help of an attorney. It should never come to this. Now I will have to share monies owed with the "fatcat" attorney because the Federal Government wasn't being fair in there practices. We as Americans really have a false sense of true freedom. Our Government is as injust and corrupt as the rest.

Showing 1-20 of 119 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Binder and Binder.
Filing a new complaint about
×