1.9K views

I am disabled, and with the help of Binder and Binder Social Security attorneys, I was awarded Social Security benefits for a closed period of 17 months. The attorneys were paid their 30% but I didn't receive all of what I was awarded.

This was roughly 3 years ago & despite my numerous phone calls, they have done NOTHING to help me get the rest of my payment (aprox. $6,000.00)

Their policy is that the client isn't charged unless their case is won. They got their money!

It's not fair! No One there to help me!

Comments

I need to see if you can help me or you know someone that can help me with my case of SSI Iv had some disibiltys all my life and i cant keep a job please contact me at 719-582-3477

thanks

christina krekora

I called Binder & Binder and they told me that unless I had a written doctor's statement stating that I was permanently disabled they would not help me.

#381940

I'M AM BRINGING TO COURT. AFTER WHICH I'M LOOKING INTO A CLASS ACTION SUIT..

THEY NOT ONLY COST ME A COUPLE MILLION DOLLARS,, BUT MY WIFE AND MY LIFE AND ANY HOPES OF A FUTURE AS WELL.

EMAIL ME OR FIND ME ON FBOOK.. I EMPATHIZE WITH YOU GREATLY.

Binder and Binder has less than a sterling reputation among those in the field.

The sad part is that so many cases are now being denied. I am a nurse that was injurie and had to apply for SSDI.

I know for a fact that my medical records were not reviewed. If they had I know that I would have never been denied in my appeal. Now I feel I have no recourse but to seek the help of an attorney. It should never come to this.

Now I will have to share monies owed with the "fatcat" attorney because the Federal Government wasn't being fair in there practices.

We as Americans really have a false sense of true freedom. Our Government is as injust and corrupt as the rest.

LadyK8130

I read many of the complaints here. Many complaints about paying the fees for medical records, etc.

Not being attorneys but advocates. Its all in the contract signed when you retain Binder & Binder. I am a Binder & Binder client. I read the contract and asked lots of questions for clarity before signing and retaining Binder & Binder to represent me.

They send lots of letters and requests for documentation. My doctors waived some of these fees because they thought the attorneys were suppose to pay the fees and did not realize it was coming out of my pocket. Doctors view Binder & Binder as personal injury attorneys who do pay the fees…but ultimately these fees are deducted from your final settlement. Personal injury attorneys get the settlement check and later send you a check after deducting their fee and expenses.

The client doing their homework and making demands can avoid some of the pitfalls here. My advantage was I have 20+ years legal experience and made sure Binder & Binder knew. My first caseworker was rude and arrogant...I immediately spoke w/office mgr and told her I refused to work with him and a new caseworker was assigned. Again, my advantage was my legal background.

I was fortunate and actually had an attorney on my case -- and she was good at her job. Two weeks prior to my hearing date, I had no word from Binder & Binder so I called the office to see when I would meet with the person for my case. I was told it would be the day before the hearing. I told them that was unacceptable.

I needed to have some rapport w/that person and not an on the spot meeting for something as important as my disability hearing. They complied! However, at the hearing several attorneys/advocates not from Binder & Binder that came in and called a clients name, introduced themselves as being the person there to represent them for their hearing. It seems to be a practice in the industry to connect at the hearing.

In legal matters, we have to take an active role in making sure our best interests will be represented well. I called the office periodically for status updates on records requested. Some records they requested did not come in the format wanted. I have relationships with the nurses and administrative assistants of my health care providers.

So, for some requests, because I am the patient, I was able to get doctor\'s notes that provided all the information needed -- not in the format Binder & Binder wanted, nor did it cost me @225.00 but, could be submitted as an exhibit. Again, my advantage was my legal experience and relationships. Social Security Disability had denied me twice before going to Binder & Binder and they handled my appeal. My advice to anyone is to read the contract you sign and leave with a full understanding of what you can expect from a firm representing you.

Be your own number one advocate. Make demands! Tell them what you expect and tell them you will take your case to another firm if they do not meet your expectation. Do not just tell them, mean it and be ready to act!

YOU have the power! As many have said it is about the money and regardless to how many clients they may have, they do not want to lose even one of those -- 1 less client reduces the revenue to the partners. This concept applies at ALL law firms, legal advocates or any for profit organization. Disability is a specialty and you need to understand the law and the grey area of these laws.

It is a lot more than submitting forms. With my legal background, initially I believed I could represent myself until I started my research of disability laws and realized if I proceeded as my representative, I would have a fool for a client. No one can guarantee the outcome of a legal matter.

I am not a Binder & Binder employee. I really am a client!

I have M.S. There is no cure (yet) only treatment to slow the progression.

I am on long term disability with my employer. I was required to apply for S.S. Because after all, it's a money game. No one wants to pay.

I get money for log term disability, but am constantly hounded and reminded I need to app for SS benefits. Applied, denied. Appealed, denied. Called Binder n Binder.

I knew theybwouldnt do anything (they haven't) because I am getting benefits from LTD. I wouldn't get any more money from SS so LTD can keep paying. It's a joke and the SS administration sucks. I wish people working on my claim at SS and Bind n Binder would get M.S.

For just 1 hour to see how awful it is. In any case, I total agree with other comments that suggest yo stay away from Bind n Bind and get a local lawyer.

Wow I am so happy that I found this site. I had found their site and then sent them an e-mail to see if I would qualify for SSDI, which I already know that I am.

But with all these reviews I will seek another Law Office. Thanks everyone and yes you all should do a Class Action against them.

Trail? You actually had a trial?

In the 6 years I have been applying I have only gotten to one hearing and it certainly wasn't even close to a "trial". I believe if I were given a "trial" I would wipe the floor with anyone trying to defend me.

wow, I really appreciate your honest comments. I was just about to use B&B, and we've already been through years of suffering. thank you for your time to post here.

I'm so glad I saw these reviews!! I also just received B&B's packet(someone elses name and SS# was on the first ones I opened!!) and I had a lot of questions.

I called them and I was waiting for a call from them and while waiting, I found this page. When they called back, I caught them in lies and basically laughed in their faces by the end of the call. :grin I've decided to hire a local LAWYER to help me with my appeal.

I think I've just been saved from a ton of BS!!! :p

I made the mistake of calling Bender and Bender. I have an over payment and made the mistake of mentioning this.

I was told I had to pay this off completely and then they would DECIDE if they would even take my case.

I got someone else to take my case & made sure not to mention the over payment. By the time my case is won there will be plenty of money for the social security to get their so called over payment back. Bender and Bender is crazy, why would I pay the social security off when I'm having to spend years fighting to get what is rightfully mine. All Bender and Bender is good as is advertising.

If you have to advertise the product is not good. This place is CRAZY.

I too have had poor representation from Binder and Binder in terms of receiving my benefits from the Social Security Administration. I am hoping there will be a class action lawsuit filed against them in the meantime, I will take the advice of one blogger the suggested the BBB or Consumer Affairs.

The Social Security Administration has made considerable errors in awarding my benefits in which I am entitled to by law. Binder and Binder were aware of the errors they made and did absolutely nothing to resolve them. However, they receive their payment for representing me, in which they did not represent me at all in my best interest. Binder and Binder made errors as well, and they know the Social Security laws.

So if they know the laws and what is expected, they should not be making any major errors that could jeopardize a client's case. Binder and Binder should also help the client when Social Security makes major errors that jeopardizes benefits due the client. I myself had worked long enough and paid into Social Security and am entitled benefits.

Representatives like Binder and Binder should be banned from assisting clients in the Social Security Disability process. They are taking disabled people's money.

stay away from this bussiness the people that work for him are very young and uneducated you pay for all the copies for them not ssd their copies they invest some postage is all. Apply yourself if you get turned down get help in your state but not these clowns if it had been up to them we would have never gotten his dissability. Awful and we paid alot for it!!!

Jan 2011 met with the Law Judge. B & B attorney came in never introduced himself.

only looked at a Computer screen. I was denied.. Now looking for another local attorney to take my Appeal. I have been shuffled from state to state.with B & B.

and guess what the Law Judge only had the original Dr.'s I sent in my first correspondence . I paid and Paid for present Dr. fees for records for them to continue and guess what those are probably laying on a desk in the desert.

after 3 yrs.. I am very disappointed to say the least and my health is going down the toilet big time..

:zzz I am so happy I found this site. I have their package in my hand & when I got it in the mail after being on the phone for 58 minutes I thought wow didn't they record anything I said.

Then I saw yet another name on the paperwork & he was labeled an non-attorney advocate. I was leary so I started my search & found these reviews. Thank you all so much for taking your time to post these.

I will not be using B&B & will talk to my doctor some moe before finding a local attorney. I wish you all luck with your claims!

Do not let these guys outsource your case, only asking for delay's and trouble. Find a local atty.

that takes a fee (negotiable) and does not get a % of your award.

There are plenty of good SSD atty.s in bigger cities with good track records. These guys are only good at marketing, nothing else.

I am also a VERY UNSATISFIED "Client" of B&B.

I have been using them now going on 4 YEARS...YEAAAAAAH..F O U R .

After 2.5 years I FINALLY had a Disability hearing where as the attorney they appointed to me arrived withhis briefcase. I thought Thank Goodness. This Will FINALLY be done. WELL.....

the ONLY thing in his briefcase was a yellow note pad ...containg my name, case number and time of court written on it.

When my trial began, it was brought to my attention that the Social Security Office never RECEIVED MY MEDICAL RECORDS.. oR ANYTHING ELSE regarding my case! :?

I mean the Judge had NO INFORMATION regarding my situation.... :cry

In fact, the JUDGE commented that he ALWAYS has problems with Representatives of Binder & Binder not being prepared for trials.

to make a looong 4 year story short... I was refused my SSI, I relieved them of their "duties" in October because of that situation & all the confusion while dealing with them.

I have been assigned ATLEAST 12 to 15 Case workers since the beginning None of whom had my records ( which I had submitted ATLEAST 3 or 4 times)

This business has caused me SO MUCH Grief , Confusion and frustration!!

I am currently seeking local assistance

and PRAY this works out... I was informed by B& B that they will be FILING A FEE PETITION , So if I DO get accepted for SSI They will be getting $$$ from my settlement for the work they have done..... BULL*%#$ !!!!!!

I WANNA PROOVE THEM INCAPABLE, IRRESPONIBLE & get them for FALSE ADVERTISING !!!

If ANYONE knows of a Law Suit Pending against them..PLEASE let me know. I THINk A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT should be filed...even if I have to do it!!!!

Please respond & let me know your alls opinions... & if you wanna get in line to sign up for a C.A.Lawsuit!!!!

:roll

signed... still hoping & Praying!!! :sigh

I am also a VERY UNSATISFIED "Client" of B&B.

I have been using them now going on 4 YEARS...YEAAAAAAH..F O U R .

I mean the Judge had NO INFORMATION regarding my situation.... :cry

This business has caused me SO MUCH Grief , Confusion and frustration!!

I am currently seeking local assistance

:roll

signed... still hoping & Praying!!! :sigh

Does Binder $ Binder accept overpayment cases, and if yes, has anyone experience with them regarding this and how are they paid?