1.9K views

I am disabled, and with the help of Binder and Binder Social Security attorneys, I was awarded Social Security benefits for a closed period of 17 months. The attorneys were paid their 30% but I didn't receive all of what I was awarded.

This was roughly 3 years ago & despite my numerous phone calls, they have done NOTHING to help me get the rest of my payment (aprox. $6,000.00)

Their policy is that the client isn't charged unless their case is won. They got their money!

It's not fair! No One there to help me!

Comments

Just wanted to say thank you so very much for everyone that took the time to post their experiences with B&B as I'm trying to get disability and was considering them seriously. I obviously will NOT be going anywhere near those A-Holes!

mevande

My brother used them and is happy with results, however from their ad on TV you can tell that Mr. Binder is very rich off the backs of the people who needed help. Filing on your own is useless for the goverment will deny automatically and finding a \'moral\' attorney that will take a cut of what you get seems to be hard.

I'm so glad that I have read some of these

articles , about Binder& Binder taking advantage of people. I was going to get in

touch with them, but after reading this articles I've change my mind. I will get in touch with another attorney.

Since their TV ad fit my son's dilemma exactly he sent them am email explaining his problem. A representative called a few days later and spoke with my wife.

The guy did not listen to one word she said, stated "Social Security does not make mistakes".

He was rude and a smartass; he accused my son of knowingly cashing checks he was not entitled to and accused my wife of lying to Social Security.... without any real knowledge of the facts.

This law firm is a joke.

Thank you all for the warning. I won't be hiring these clowns.

I am sickened by the info I just read about Binder & Binder. Was thinking of hiring them myself but will now seek help from a local attorney. Thank you for your comments and here's hoping we will all find an attorney we can trust.

I was denied any benefits when I filed for myself and I need to appeal their decision. Which law firm is best to use in Atlanta, Georgia?

I am a client, I wish I never hired them, the slogan they use on the TV "You have enough to worry about, let us do everthing else" that, is a complete farse. I have been waiting for two years.

I'm in the "appeals" process, not one person at BINDER & BINDER could tell you my story. They themselves will tell you that your caseworker or whatever they call themselves, because I assure you, it won't be an attorney, will change daily. When I got to my hearing, the person they sent knew nothing about my case, he reviewed the paperwork for 30 min before the hearing, I think he said 3 words, when he was asked a question, it took him 5 min to answer, because he had to look it up!

DENIED, I am looking for another advocate, not some cowboy, posing as an attorney. :(

wow! thanks for all the feed back..

I was just about to call them. I am sorry for all they have done to all of you.

Good luck and I hope one day they get in trouble for all the bad things they are doing to people. What goes arround comes arround I always say.

Trust the comments from Number 7 (Awary Company). It is management that is preventing caseworkers from doing their jobs.

They have the very worst attitude the feed it to their employees. Best thing to do is avoid Binder & Binder, and get a local lawyer.

How do you find a SS Attorney who is up front and won't rip you off?They have so many listings and you can't really tell just by talking to them and I have no one to ask?

I live in Winder ,Ga. by the way.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Email..sybolflowers@windstream.net

Thanks,

Sybol

Just wanted to say THANKS..!was just getting ready to contact them for my case.Now I will take some more time to check out other options.I am so sorry for the grief all of you have gone through,just in case no one else has taken the time to say it.You have done the rest of us a great service by letting us know what has has happened to you.

Best of luck to all of you and God Bless.

Sybol

I have heard from a few friends that are social security employees that Binder and Binder just take advantage of people. Basically it is not in Binder and Binder's best interest to resolve the case quickly since they get a percentage of the social security benefit.

Social security applies benefits retroactively from the time the application is first submitted, meaning that if you get approved for benefits two years after submitting the application, your first check will be a large check containing two years worth of benefits.

This is why you here about laywers who go to the hearings and don't really do much. They are trying to drag everything out as much as possible to maximize their percentage.

I see now I made a big mistake going to Binder & Binder. This has been a 4 year ordeal & I have lost.

I don't have muchmoney left & these a**holes took my last hope. They are a bunch of inept bottom feeders. My case has moved from NY to LA to Seattle & now back to LA. They got the usual first 2 rejections & after 3 years finally got my court hearing.

I don't think their lawyer looked at my case for 5 minutes before court. Her total spoken word during the proceeding was present-no-yes-no. I could have done a better job. The court sent me to their own psychiatrist who gave me a favorable opinion for my problems.

But then the judge, the Honorable Laura Valente, decided to ignore the psychiatric report & deny me stateing that she could 'tell' by looking at me I could work. Let's see, I'm 60 years old, suffer from chronic tinnitus in my brain from a head injury, have severe OCD which is why they discharged me from the Navy in 1971 & weigh 450 pounds now because of all the anti-depressants they have fed me over the last 8 years.

DO NOT go to Binder & Binder. Find a local lawyer that you can talk to about it.

I am in no position to comment on this forum.I would ask for help on how to integrate my legitimate disability and domestic abuse that have resulted in permanent

disability.

How to file how to win and how to go on.

Please help

Thanks

Binder and Binder should be in PRISON-

Binder and Binder mistreats their employees. The case managers are all hardworking.

It's the management that prevents them from doing a good job. It's unfortunate.

help me I have them as my attorney or caseworker or what ever how do i get out of this with them. I am scared to death I have mmore things wrong then a 90 year old women...

BE AWARE U HIRE THEM WITH FULL CONFINDENCE AND AFTER MONTHS OF NO RETURN CALLS , FINDING OUT THE ATTORNEY YOUR TALKING WITH IS NOT AN ATTORNEY , GETTING DIFFERENT PERSONS EVERY TIME YOU CALL THEM WITH DIFFERENT INFORMATION FROM SO CALLED ATTORNEYS , THEN FIRING THEM AND THEN GETTING SUED BY THEM.... WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL ......

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THEIR PHONEY BOLOGNA TV BULL,... DO NOT HIRE THESE PEOPLE FAIR WARNING.......

my husband is a full blown alcoholic. I just got back from the hospital and the doctor told us all they can do is a patch up job.with diabetes and still smoking, the doctor said"Sir, all I can say to you is...make arrangements (for a funeral)..I am not even going to advise you to quit drinking- at this point it would be cruel to do that".

the doctor told me my husband's alcoholism is genetic because his parents died of alcoholism, his grand parents did the sameway and allhis siblings are also alcoholic. i believe my husband also has a psychiatric problem--he used to tell me how his mom broke his arm and just down right abusive to all of them when she get drunk. he said he had an attention deficit(ADHD) as a kid andhis daughter haS ADHD/BIPOLAR diagnosis. The symnptoms of Bipolar is rage- my husband has been in and out of prison woouldn't that tell you something.

He was denied when we applied on the basis that he has a fullblown Hepatitis A,B,&C. He has a left bundle block in his hear, he has diabetes , COPD/EMPHYSEMA,MRSA, and emphysema. We need help financially, he has been homeless for 2 years before I met him. All I want is for him to die in the comfort and having the dignity that he is in an aaprtment and not die in some alley somewhre.

I am on disability too but my check does not qualify me to get an apartment. We are renting a room but with his hepatitis and MRSA I am afraid we would contaminate the other tenants because we share 1 abthroom. Please help us. i ambegging you.

I dotn care what *** is written about B&B, some ungrateful folks after they got helped dont want to remember when they had no one helping them. thanks.